Saturday, November 22, 2008

This is why I switched jobs







I sit here in my home office and realize that I have a good life. I switched careers in June of this year. I had worked retail for the past 17+ years and decidied I wanted to enjoy what I did for a living! So...I used my new bachelor's degree to land a teaching job at an elementary school while I work on my Masters in Education.

The catch is that I now earn almost 60% less than I did in retail management. Needless to say...we live a frugal lifestyle!

I say all that to say this: This Thanksgiving holiday will be the first time ever that I will spend the day before, the day of, & the day after Thanksgiving entirely with my family. I usually work 12 hour days this entire week in preparation for the holiday season...I do not miss those days!!

As I have looked at my meager paycheck the last few months I have consoled myself with the thought of this coming week...a time of relaxation and fun with my lovely ladies!!

The lack of pay is worth it!






No comments: