Saturday, November 8, 2008

Playing catch up...

This past week was crazy busy! I had my first official observation at school on Tuesday by both my principal and my practicum advisor at NAU. I had the kids do a writing brainstorm using graphic organizers on a persuasive essay. I think it went well...my practicum advisor gave me a pass grade & had only a couple of small suggestions on how to make it better...like having the kids write lighter on their graphic organizers in case they have to erase...that's a win in my book!!

Then election night...oh man!! I will address that in another post...but I'm happy!

Then my stupid idiot moment of the week. I was scheduled to take my one of my two AEPA exams to become a highly-qualified educator today. A couple of weeks back I rescheduled the other one to July so that I could concentrate on today's exam, elementary education. Well...when I rescheduled the other exam I inadvertently rescheduled both.

So when I showed up for the test this morning I was sent away with the dunce cap since I had no scheduled test. Now I have to go to my boss and explain how an educated man such as myself can reschedule a test incorrectly. That conversation will be unpleasant & of course it happens right before we sit down to discuss her observation...

Ah well...at least I'm consistent!

No comments: