Monday, March 9, 2009

Rick's Response

Jon,

I like some of this, and yes I have learned to embrace the liberals of the world. I also believe IMHO that democrats feed on the uneducated to promote their social reform much as the religions have how did you put it "feed on the poor and uneducated."

Believe it or not- you are not my most liberal friend. I have been thinking of this alot actually, ever since you wrote your blog professing your switch to the Democratic party. I admit that much of my assumptions is that the Democratic party recruited the weak minded that never developed an opinion on their own. When you told me you had changed parties and then I listened to what you were saying it changed some things for me. first I don't believe you had your brain sucked out (just kidding- still battling my desires to be sinical), seriously though. What makes someone change what they have known and even been so outwardly supportive- at least in image, to the exact opposite? Disapointment? Rage? I guess that is part of why we are here.

I have some questions for you Jon and anyone who might shed some light on the subjects:

Since you are in the education system, can you tell me/us some specific pros and cons to NCLB?

Is "Discovery Math" and "No Child Left Behind" the same program? What is/ are the differences if they are not?

I won't even try to respond to your comments on Rome- we may not live long enough to finish that conversation. lol

On affirmitive action- I clearly know what it is, but what specific proof does that show that it is working in a positive manner? Your the research nut (hehe) so I am sure you will find something good. You say that we have a long way to go but how is current regulation going to make a difference, moreover, will the difference outway the negativity that is spawned by those whom don't get the job they worked so hard for but did not get it because of their race, gender?

Something to consider- Politically correctness did much to make it unacceptable to even attempt to have these conversation in public- facing the problems and differences head on. I took to my email address book because it is mixed with people who I have known or met through all phases of my life. I realize that we have all taken different paths and interests over the years. I figured that since you all know me in one form or another that it would be the best place to start. It seems that ther is much to discuss for all of us. I appreciate your honesty and opinions. I am learning much about those I have known for years. Hopefully in doing this I might learn more about myself and what is important to me. If nothing else it beats filling my head with nonsense from the idiot box.

Hope all is well with everyone. This has been good for my brain, I hope for yours as well.

Take care and God bless,Rick K.

No comments: