Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day

I am finishing my 3-day weekend tonight. It's the first time I have had an extended weekend on Columbus day. To be honest, I didn't know Columbus Day was even a holiday! Being a low-paid teacher does have its perks, I guess...

This Friday I will attend my graduation ceremony with my wife...who is also graduating...and we will both receive our Bachelor's degrees...mine in Business Management & hers in Human Services.

It will be weird to have official closure on the arduous 3 1/2 years it took me to acquire my degree. I can't really relish it much though...I am a full-time first year teacher & I am already a third of the way through my Master's program.

For one night, however, I can pause and relish what I have achieved so far. Not for long, though. My AEPA teacher certification exam is on November 8th...I'm already sweating!

No comments: